This Award recognizes and honors an individual who provides humanitarian aid, sees to the economic development, institution & nation building, conflict prevention, conflict resolution & reconciliation and establishes educational, social or structural initiatives that contribute to positive social change. The nominee must facilitate the establishment of peace, assist in preventing the recurrence of violence by addressing causes of conflict and creates visible long lasting solution especially in conflict and unrest areas over a period of time.
The Peace Builder advocates and champions the use of dialogue, negotiation, tolerance and forgiveness as the preferred instruments for resolving even the most difficult conflicts. The depth of the Peace Builder’s commitment and involvement demonstrate the triumph of truth, democracy and justice over lies, oppression and violence. Through inner strength, dogged focus and courageous honesty, the Peace Builder is establishing order in some of Africa’s most troubled areas.
Individual or organization who:
- Advocates and champions the use of dialogue, negotiation, tolerance and forgiveness as the preferred instruments for resolving even the most difficult conflicts.
- Through the depth of his/her involvement is demonstrating that truth, democracy and justice are victorious over lies, oppression and violence.
- Through strength, bravery and dedication is establishing order in some of Africa’s most troubled areas.
- Make outstanding contributions in shaping the destiny of their communities.
- Lead the peaceful transition to a more just and tolerant society.